Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
The Spring Engineering team is looking for an exceptional and passionate engineer to lead the Spring portfolio’s documentation efforts. As a team member you will take complex information and communicate it clearly and concisely through various learning material such as reference documentation, technology guides, and tutorials. You’ll interact with engineering teams and other writers, to deliver content that will play a vital role in helping developers become productive with Spring. The ideal candidate has both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality developer-centric material.
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry we transform how the world deploys and scales software, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions. Our engineers pair program, all-day every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. They also work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently so that they are able to meet everyone in the organization.
- Lead developer facing documentation strategy
- Write technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as reference guides, getting started guides, and tutorials
- Design and organize documentation sets across the Spring portfolio
- Manage complex documentation projects that have cross project dependencies
- Evolve existing documentation based on developer feedback
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or developer blog
- Experience with source code written in Java
- Experience building applications using the Spring platform
- Experience with text processing and publishing toolchains such as Asciidoctor
- Experience with Git/Github
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate remotely
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.