Pivotal’s Story - VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You’re comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.
Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to software engineering that applies across industries and organizations, so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Required Skills/ Experience:
We are looking for a customer focused, hands-on technical expert to help customers modernize their software delivery lifecycle.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a DevOps / agile environment who believes in the merits of XP and TDD, BDD
- Comfortable in C# or Java
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Strong architecture skills, able to present ideas and implement designs to meet the needs of customers
- Mentors and guides client technology teams on best practices and how to adapt existing processes
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision making skills
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
Pivotal Labs/EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Pivotal Labs/EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed 'EMC Agency Fee Agreement.'