Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete.
At Pivotal (www.pivotal.io), you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
Pivotal is seeking a world-class salesperson with experience selling consulting services or IT solutions into the top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs. As a Partner Sales Manager at Pivotal your objective will be to recruit, develop, manage and grow existing and prospective business partner relationships in Japan market to cover all product and service arena. The Pivotal partner sales manager will enable and lead local business partners like SI, JCM (Japanese Computing Makers) to promote Cloud platform software, BigData and Agile programming consulting services toward Japanese enterprise companies.
- Implement Pivotal unique business partner program in collaboration with Pivotal APJ Partner Director and his team. Promote the program to selected, key strategic business partners in Japan. Pivotal partner program may include reseller agreement, co-sales & co-marketing program, partner certification and enablement. Key strategic partner in Japan would be like large SI (NTT-Data, CTC, NRI, TIS etc) and/or major JCM (Fujitsu, Hitachi, NEC etc)
- Develop and execute partner strategy to achieve and exceed individual software license and services quota responsibilities. Forecasting, lead/business pipeline management and mid to long term business partner sales planning efforts are required disciplines. In collaboration with Pivotal Japan Strategic Account team mates, conduct quarterly business reviews with partners.
- Lead multiple partner deals sales cycles and close the deals with partners effectively (i.e., hunt opportunities by yourself versus just taking partner’s support request at Pivotal side)
- Promote marketing and PR activities regarding Pivotal partner business in Japan, collaborate with marketing team in Pivotal and/or outside marketing agencies in Japan
- Collaborate with Corporate and APJ alliance partnership team effectively. The person is reporting to Pivotal Japan Country Manager and also Pivotal APJ Partner Director
- Collaboration with DELL-EMC group companies, like DELL-EMC, Vmware Discuss joint business plan with business partners and get mutual goals. Design partner enablement program along with partner needs and deliver it with related team in Pivotal. Proactively support business partners to promote Pivotal products and services to the market and strategic partners like Microsoft, Hortonworks etc.
- Quickly learn Pivotal software products and clearly communicate our value proposition to business partners
- Manage effective working relationships with Account Executives, Field Engineers (pre-sales), Consulting Professionals, Pivotal Labs, APJ/HQ senior leaders in Pivotal
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers including C-level executives, influencers of business partner companies
- Hunt for new business partners. Propose partner program, get signed, provide enablement, and lead co-sales and co-marketing to develop an incremental revenue for Pivotal
- Intellectual curiosity - a bright self learner who is challenged by innovative technology
- excellent communication skills (fluent in English) combined with very strong presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate a point of view
- Entrepreneurial spirit or experience working in a fluid (e.g., start up) and in a team environment
- Very strong work ethic (persistent, tenacious, ability to multi-task and go the extra mile on a regular basis)
- A team player, always putting team before self
- Strong understanding of how to grow an under-developed market and proven track record of increasing revenue through new partner and customer acquisition
- Familiar with contractual things: Partner agreement, reseller agreement, vendor registration, procurement contract, quotes, license/service contract etc. Those should be handled by business partner sales directly
- Proven ability to sell to CXO and lines of business within large enterprises; ability to understand industry trends and business environments to successfully sell the business value vs. packaged product
- At least 15 years of enterprise sales experience, ideally with 5+ years successful software sales experience with focusing on enterprise solutions selling in one or more of the following: Cloud (PaaS), BigData, Cloud Native Apps and Open Sources
- At least 5 years of dedicated partner sales experience, ideally with new partner program launch experience toward large-scale business partners in Japan. Not only handle partner transactions from contractual/ordering process, but also the experience which train/enable partner by himself/herself and promote joint sales to end-user companies are required
- Able to close large deals (e.g., US$1M and above) that include software subscription sales and services. Experience in holding an individual quota
- Strong sales operational capabilities and familiar with sales reporting
- Occasional travel within assigned territory may be required
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package as well as pre-IPO equity in our company
This role is based in Pivotal Labs Tokyo office in Roppongi Hills, Tokyo, Japan