The technology industry is at the cusp of a once-in-a-generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operate and innovate in our increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal we see and create what’s possible. Drawing on our heritage in Big Data, open source, and application development, Pivotal is building a new class of applications - leveraging big and fast data - and doing all of this with the power and flexibility of cloud independence. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
Pivotal is a new and privately-held company with backing from Dell Technologies, VMware and GE. Pivotal unites strategic technologies, people, and programs to meet the demands of this next technology wave. We offer competitive benefits and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras that create a rewarding work experience.
At Pivotal, HR has the unique opportunity to help build and form our workforce and operations. This role is a great opportunity for a compassionate, smart, and driven individual who has previous experience with implementing and managing benefits. This role will help lead the charge on change management for the Canadian workforce as we role out of new HR systems and movement onto our own Payroll infrastructure.
This individual will be responsible for partnering with our US HR Team during the design and implementation of Pivotal Canadian benefit plans and processes in collaboration with an external broker. This includes primarily partnering with an extern broker to assess current utilization, gage employee sentiment, and identify the benefits which best suit our workforce demographics and culture. The role will also assist the Global Benefits/Payroll leader and Payroll Administrator in developing the framework of our Canadian payroll practices and policies. This role will work closely with other members of HR, employees, business leaders, cross functional teams.
About the Team
This person will have the unique opportunity to work with energetic, bright, and creative colleagues both within and outside of HR, giving them exposure to many different styles, experiences, and philosophies for providing support to employees around the globe. The right person for this role is willing and excited to collaborate and enjoys the challenges of a growing organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of the "new" Pivotal Canadian benefit plans in partnership with the Benefits Broker.
- Contributes to strategy, design, benchmarking, and reporting of benefit program in Canada.
- Plan and help execute annual communications/activities around benefits including; new Pivotal-specific benefit offerings )as well as changes between old vs new), fitness plan program, annual on-site flu clinic, employee discount/perk offerings, etc.
- Liaison with third party benefit administrators and brokers to administer, create, roll out and administer program.
- Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit/payroll policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service to employees to resolve questions or concerns.
- Partner closely with the extended HR team.
- Provide sound advice on workplace policies & procedures and share knowledge appropriately on applicable legislation including, but not limited to, the ESA, LRA, Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
- Supports all types of Leave of Absences, more complex Disability case management and oversight of return to work process in partnership with the benefits administrator.
- Support the transition of Benefit and Payroll administration into our new HRIS infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience working in Human Resources
- Prior experience in the space of benefits/pension required
- Prior experience in the space of payroll administration preferred
- Knowledge of all Canadian provincial employment standards
- Graduate of post-secondary Human Resources program preferable
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Extremely organized individual capable of multi-tasking
- Google Applications and Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiencies
- Experience working with a third party payroll and benefit systems
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable, high energy and self-motivated
- Superior problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Workday preferred
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotal.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).