HR Business Partner
The technology industry is at the cusp of a once-in-a-generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operate and innovate in our increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal we see and create what’s possible. Drawing on our heritage in Big Data, open source, and application development, Pivotal is building a new class of applications - leveraging big and fast data - and doing all of this with the power and flexibility of cloud independence. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
Pivotal is a new and privately-held company with backing from Dell Technologies, VMware and GE. Pivotal unites strategic technologies, people, and programs to meet the demands of this next technology wave. We offer competitive benefits and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras that create a rewarding work experience.
At Pivotal, HR has the unique opportunity to help build and form our workforce and operations. An HRBP is responsible for a variety of human resources strategic initiatives, programs and policies, often encompassing several areas, including organizational development, operations, compensation, benefits, leadership development and employee training. The contributions of this role fundamentally impact the business processes, results and overall efficiency of both people and operations.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This person will have the unique opportunity to work with energetic, bright and creative colleagues both within and outside of HR, giving them exposure to many different styles, experiences and philosophies for providing support to employees around the globe. The right person for this role is willing and excited to collaborate and enjoys the challenges of a growing organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consults and partners with management on topics such as people development, proper performance management, compensation assessments, coaching, etc
- Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally
- Contributes to the development of Pivotal’s mission executed throughout HR programs and processes.
- Effectively manages employee relations matters
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Uses judgment within broadly defined policies and best practices.
- Ability to manage issues independently, often times in remote cases.
- Manages reports and analytics with proficient knowledge of excel and google applications
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Provide sound advice on workplace policies & procedures and share knowledge appropriately on applicable legislation including but not limited to the ESA, LRA, Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA
- Be an advocate for employee health and wellness and ensure we meet our obligations within the OH&SA and other legislation to ensure the safety of self and others
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in the technology industry and high growth environment
- Change Management
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Understanding of business environment
- Project management skills
- Google Applications and Excel, Word, and Powerpoint Proficiencies
- Experience with Workday preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotal.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).