Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete.
At Pivotal (www.pivotal.io), you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
Pivotal is seeking a world-class salesperson with experience selling consulting services or IT solutions into the top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs. As an Account Executive at Pivotal your objective will be to manage, develop and grow existing and prospective client relationships within a given vertical and / or product.
This role focused on selling our Pivotal Labs offering and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- Consulting with organisations around, and creating an understanding of, the need to build software development competencies within their organization - help organisations to map a path of building that skill through our Pivotal Labs offering
- Build excellent client relationships offering value added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- New logo acquisition and working with existing customers to expand Pivotal’s territory and product coverage
- Work with the Telstra Sales channel to help Telstra identify opportunities and then support them with their sales effort
- Working in conjunction with other Pivotal Sales Executives to drive the Labs sales proposition into our other accounts
- Become familiar with our products and services and learn about our global and domestic customer references and business outcomes to be an evangelist to prospects
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development using the Integrated Sales Cycle
- Assist in preparation of pre-work, scoping and contracts for Pivotal Labs engagements
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Develop long term strategic accounts as well as to meet short term performance goals
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Be the “Pivotal Ambassador” within EMC and VMWare – this involves communicating with the Country Manager, the Sales Directors and the direct and indirect sales teams, being up-to- date with market trends and positioning.
- 10+ years of technology consulting sales experience with focus on IT
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs, achievement driven and highly competitive
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (high end mid- market and enterprise)
- Advanced knowledge around Software Development Practices, Big Data Analytics Platform, In Memory Technology and PaaS
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources wisely when needed
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good partner management skill
- Innovative thinking and business oriented
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance and high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned tasks