Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete.
The Pivotal Labs team located in Toronto is seeking an Agile Test Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate is a very hands-on technical tester who values shipping quality builds every week. With a keen ability to find bugs on mobile devices, you are attentive to detail and learn quickly in an agile development environment. You know everything about the latest Androids and the newest nuances on iOS and want to track down the nitty-gritty details in shipping a great app. As an Agile Test Engineer at Pivotal Labs, you’ll test world-class applications and experiences on the newest platforms (iOS, Android, WP, BB10) with an uber-smart team of engineers, designers, product builders, and mobile strategists.
- Perform weekly story verification on various projects in an Agile development environment
- Perform exploratory testing on client projects through QA methodologies, such as the use of charters
- Implement automation scripts for mobile apps and desktop websites to enhance efficiency of Release Candidate testing
- Discover show stopper bugs and find reproduction steps to crashes
- Discover defects/bugs and creating detailed bug reports in Pivotal Tracker
- Collaborate with PM and development team to prioritize defects/bugs on active projects
- Work on multiple projects on a weekly basis to ensure high quality builds are delivered to our clients
- Meeting project deadlines to ensure products are released within schedule
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Mobile device testing experience, or an interest in it
- 1 year of programming experience in languages such as Java, C#, C++
- Experience or interest in an Agile testing environment
- Strong communication skills in a client-services environment
- Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of Internet and mobile technologies
- Previous experience in testing for mobile, Pivotal Tracker, JIRA a plus
- Mobile automation or Google Apps automation experience a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).