As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We are currently looking for experienced, UX / UI creative designers to join our team and help us continue to innovate in the field. We have openings for designers with a variety of backgrounds, including: Design Research, User Experience, Interaction, and Visual Design.
Why we love what we do (and so could you)
- Seriously collaborative, even with people not on our teams
- Immerse yourself in one project at a time
- Daily product decision making and real product delivery with product managers and developers
- Freedom to try out new design processes; in the spirit of agile, do what works, try new things, stop doing things that don't work; not a lot of constraints on the 'creative' process
- You are always shipping!
- Environment that encourages learning and growing as a professional and individual and infrastructure to support and motivate those goals
- Community oriented design team
- We really care about design and don't cut corners - and still we're shipping all the time!
- All the designers have different skillsets: you’re not expected to be an expert in everything but having access to someone who probably is means we all get smarter by teaching and learning
What we do as Product Designers for web and mobile applications
- Maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Work as a collaborative team member with clients, developers, and fellow designers
- Lead products from discovery and framework through iterative development and delivery
- Help product managers assess and prioritize opportunities and constraints
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops
- Determine best practice approaches and lead the client through our process
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Conduct user testing, interviews, and analysis
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
How you can become a Pivot
- Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical; be collaborative and communicative
- Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology; be committed to lifelong design learning
- Have experience with and curiosity of agile and lean philosophies
- Have experience working independently with clients
- Have experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
- 1+ years experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
- 2+ years experience in related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design-related discipline (preferred, but not required)
- German at business level fluency
Interested in becoming a Pivot? We’re seeking more amazing designers to join our team.
Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio, a resume, and cover letter.
Great portfolios show process. We love seeing complex workflows where you were the primary designer. Examples of personas, ethnography, insights from user interviews excite us. Iterations on the product inspired by learnings and insights from interviews and user behavior are a major plus. Designers who show work that has shipped and includes early and regular collaboration with developers will be prioritized. Portfolios of only interface screenshots will be deprioritized.
We at Pivotal we strive to create an inclusive environment for our hiring, onboarding, and through our company culture. One way in which we ask you to help us is by aiding us in creating a less biased hiring process. In this spirit we ask you to please remove the following pieces of information from your application: birthdate, gender, photos of you.