Pivotal, the company at the intersection of big data, PaaS, and agile development, helps companies transform into great software companies. Pivotal offers a modern approach to technology that organizations need to thrive in a new era of business innovation. Our solutions intersect cloud, big data and agile development, creating a framework that increases data leverage, accelerates application delivery, and decreases costs, while providing enterprises the speed and scale they need to compete.
In addition to our software development and UX design practices, Pivotal Labs now offers Product Management services to our clients. Due to this the Pivotal Labs team located in Toronto is seeking a Product Manager to join our team. We serve as interim product managers for clients who are looking to build successful products quickly. We work closely with founders, entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, and customers to ensure the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
- Work closely with Pivotal clients to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client requirements
- Help clients understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- Work with design resources (internal and/or external) to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Mentor and train client PMs to help them learn agile/XP methods and build skills
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with web-based products
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Background in design or software development a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email show contact info or callshow contact info ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).