Pivotal Labs: We Transform Ideas into Software.
As a recognized leader in highly disciplined agile software development practices, Pivotal Labs has been building high quality software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and native mobile applications for global clients, across varying platforms and technology stacks. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results for our clients and a fun, welcoming, and enriching environment for our engineers. When you pair with us, you’ll be collaborating closely with other brilliant developers, learning from your teammates’ experience and teaching them your skills.
We use Test Driven Development (TDD) to write highly maintainable code and facilitate shared code ownership. Consistent practice of pairing and TDD gives you the freedom to work on every area of an application, and even rotate between projects.
We Work Together
Our collaborative environment ensures that you are constantly exposed to new challenges but always supported by a team. You will work side by side with product managers, designers and our clients, making decisions together. We set up weekly retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it.
We Build Software That Matters
Our teams focus on helping clients do the right thing, even if it’s different from the original plan. We prioritize building the most important thing first and strive to regularly deliver valuable working software to our clients and their users. We’ve done projects in Java, Ruby, Go, Objective C, Swift, Spring and Angular.
We Value Sustainable, Predictable Pace
Our teams work a consistent 8-hour day to stay energized and focused. We start and stop at the same time every day and take a full hour lunch break together. Every morning starts with a catered breakfast and we keep our minds fresh by relaxing in the game room, hosting speakers at lunch, or going for a walk around Kendall Square.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have 3+ years experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- You are an excellent communicator and have experience consulting or teaching. You enjoy mentoring junior developers, helping them push their boundaries and abilities
- You have a strong understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and value a pair-programming environment
- You have a strong grasp of the new and latest technologies and are eager to keep learning
- You passionately want to grow your skills and your team
- You appreciate a transparent environment
- You value continuous improvement
Interested in becoming a Pivot? Apply by sending us a resume and a cover letter.