New York, NY
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You love shipping features, but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run. Maybe you get antsy writing code without tests, or perhaps you’re a large-scale system operator interested in leveling-up your coding skills.
Either way, you judge your success by the success of your team; you are interested in learning about distributed systems; and you are excited to work on open source.
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry we transform how the world deploys and scales software, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions. Our engineers pair program, all-day every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. They also work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently so that they are able to meet everyone in the organization.
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry we are opinionated about how software should be built. We pair program, all-day every-day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. We work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently. We believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge, and refocus.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Operations or Systems Administration experience, particularly on UNIX. (You know what a daemon is and how to restart one. When the daemon won’t start because some other process is listening on the port it needs, you can find and kill the errant process.)
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Ability to dive into a polyglot codebase and contribute while learning
- On-call experience: we build production systems, and believe the best way to understand what that means is to support real systems in the wild. Our ops teams write code, and our development teams help operate their code in production.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Cloud Foundry engineers participate in an on-call rotation with their team to support software they work on.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.