Database Kernel Software Engineer
About your future team:
Be part of world-class database development team, participate in design and develop next generation of MPP share nothing database & big data platform.
About your future team:
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of feature to resolve real customer pain points and requirements
- Deliver robust, fault tolerant, production
- Interact with members of the Greenplum team across US & China to better align with each other
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent C programming skills, good at [Python/Java/Golang]
- Rich system level programming experiences, like signals, threads, memory, network, semaphores, IPC
- Deep understanding on database principals
- Rich experience with MPP database or distributed system are big plus.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills
- Team player and self motivated for success
- Experience with SQL on Hadoop, AWS etc are big plus
- A big bonus for familiarity with PostgreSQL
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Death, Disability and medical health insurance)
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, congratulatory, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Beijing Office:
We are located in Raycom InfoTech Park alongside many Fortune Global 500 companies in the Zhongguancun district, the Silicon Valley of China. Zhongguancun is one of the most convenient and prosperous districts in Beijing. Raycom InfoTech Park provides some of the best facilities for fitness, leisure, and dining.
The Beijing office is the only one R&D in APJ region and the only Data R&D practice of Pivotal outside US
Our way of working:
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the family? All interested candidates please apply now!
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.