Senior Business Operations Manager
Chicago or San Francisco
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have a passion for learning and for delivering high-quality results. You’re comfortable working side by side with various teams and have a “roll up your sleeves” mentality. You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.
Pivotal’s Finance, Operations, and Real Estate teams create the commercial, physical and cultural frameworks that help us grow and scale. We collaborate to keep our business running smoothly and ensure we stay on track to meet (and exceed) our goals. We also design and support work environments that reflect our culture and help you reach your highest potential.
As a Senior Business Operations Manager you will work closely with our finance, operations and sales teams. The overarching goal is to facilitate software and services transactions that are compliant with booking and revenue policies and have outcomes that align with the tactical and strategic goals of Pivotal. You’ll do this by leveraging your knowledge of: Pivotal’s products and technology, systems, legal terms, revenue recognition & booking policy and enterprise sales guile.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Analytical ability, creativity, attention to detail, problem solving, organization & prioritization skills
- Sense of urgency and tendency to be proactive
- Ability to liaise with multiple internal divisions and departments
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships
- Desire and curiosity to understand company strategy and help move the needle
- Financial or accounting experience with proficiency in spreadsheets
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Financial or Operations Analyst background
- 4+ years of related experience
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com, Word, Google Docs
- Understanding of a subscription software business
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.