Senior Solutions Architect
Job Location: Seoul
About your potential future team:
APJ Solutions Architecture Platform Team Strives to make our customers’ use of Pivotal PCF, PaaS and PKS successful. It turns out that successful use of technology requires some changes in people and process. We help our customers use a product-centric mindset to build a balanced team and a streamlined pathway to production, leaving app product teams unencumbered to deliver value to their customers. Our Product Managers and Platform Engineers pair with customer counterparts to transfer knowledge, culture and practices while achieving project goals. A Pivotal Solutions Architect is responsible for designing and supporting the delivery of complex Pivotal solutions to customers.
A typical day in this role
- Architect and design innovative enterprise level solutions based on the Pivotal software stack
- Utilize, create and apply best practices of Platform as a Service design and implementation
- Be a Subject Matter Expert and a trusted advisor to customers in PaaS and cloud applications design
- Present industry thought-leadership and Pivotal use-cases/IP to influence and align customers to Pivotal outcomes.
- Author diagrams and tender responses, create whitepapers and contribute to company and industry content forums.
- Adhere to time, cost and quality constraints of each project including quality documentation and deliverables
- Contribute to the progression of the Professional Services team by sharing IP, advising best practices and delivering the best possible solutions
- Achieve productive and billable utilisation targets and support sales of professional services
- Work with internal stakeholders such as Field Engineering, Customer Success and Product Management to provide a consensus-based enterprise solutions and feedback into the overall product roadmap.
- Build community knowledge and skills in Pivotal capabilities including supporting PoC’s, training and mentoring.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in container, cloud native platform, Docker/Kubernetes, and OS like Linux
- Consultative approach - the ability to analyse and resolve complex problems in collaboration with customers and colleagues
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Good presentation skills – preparing and delivering presentations to senior executives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English required)
- Project planning and delivery experience
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Prepared to travel up to 25% of role
- Experienced Software Solutions Architect with demonstrated skills in designing PaaS solutions, enterprise middleware and Java Spring-based mission critical applications
- Knowledge of Java frameworks and libraries (Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, JDBC, JMS, JMX, etc.)
- Knowledge of Vsphere, Cloud Foundry platform would be an advantage
- Vertical Expertise – subject matter expertise in financial, retail, government/federal, telecom,
- Prior experience with MPP Database technologies (Greenplum Database, Netezza, Teradata, Paraccel, or Asterdata, etc.) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of in-memory data grids (GemFire, Coherence, Terracotta, Gigaspaces, etc) would be an advantage
- Knowledge and hands on experience with the Apache Hadoop stack, including Hadoop, HDFS, Oozie, Pig, and Hive would be an advantage
- Experience with analytical solutions as SAS, Madlib, R would be an advantage
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Death, Disability and medical health insurance)
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, congratulatory, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Seoul Office:
Our Seoul office is housed within Pivot Point, where we are partnering with many of Korea’s largest institutions. Located in the famous Gangnam district, 7 minutes walk distance from Samsung station (Green Line #2) and 3 minutes from BongEunSa station(Gold Line #9) Since Samsung station is one of the biggest metro areas, it is very convenient to commute with every transportation not just for subway but also for buses and taxis.Our office just steps away from world-class innovation hubs, fabulous restaurants, coffee shops, cosmetics/clothes shops and one of the biggest movie theater complex in Korea, all of these make our location a perfect environment for both professional business and fun. Also in our Korea office you can enjoy breakfast provided daily (Buffet style breakfast at office - Monday, breakfast at Korean restaurant, Bakery, Cafe during Tue-Fri) a panoramic lounge with views to the "Han River" on 30F, a nap room with a massage chair, Bi-weekly team “Happy Hours” and other team activities.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.