Software Engineer - C Automation
Pivotal: We Transform Ideas into Software.
Always be kind: a simple daily affirmation and one that feels more like a personal mission statement than a corporate motto -- but Pivotal isn’t just any corporation. Underpinning our world-class capabilities in cloud-native software delivery and agile development methodologies is one common thread: empathy. Not only do we want to transform the way the world builds software, but we also want to make sure that sustainable pace, kindness, and diversity are at the core of every enterprise.
Known for taking an iterative approach, our 3000+ employees are empowered every day to help shape the way we build software. Pivotal is committed to open source, a diverse culture, and fostering safe spaces for all of our individual employees.
We Can Go Fast Forever.
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to software engineering that applies across industries and organizations, so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
We Court Perfection.
Working at Pivotal means you get better at what you already do well. We set up regular retrospectives to figure out what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so we can improve on it. We consistently practice Test Driven Development, which results in high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. And we believe that methodical, steady, relentless forward momentum drives consistent results.
Engineering and Development As A Customer
Pivotal Customer is an internal engineering and validation team working as part of Pivotal R&D while operating as much as a customer does as possible to connect the two as early as possible in the development cycle. We are index zero in the customer’s access to the products and reference guidance Pivotal produces.
What We’re Looking For
Customer is heavily involved with validating, benchmarking and performance measuring the on-premise and public cloud containerized solutions (Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry) we offer Enterprise customers. We run an fully-featured validation lab where automated tasks build example assemblies of customer environments, scaled to typical customer use case sizes, and applies a test harness for repeated, automated, test result generation. You will be an integral part of building these automations, harnesses & orchestrations of software builds, test frameworks, CI/CD methods of achieving this and driving the possibilities to new heights.
- Ability to dive into a large polyglot codebase and contribute as you learn
- Experience with container technology including Kubernetes or Cloud Foundry
- Interest in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- Demonstrable ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Preferred experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience deploying/manage workload in multi-cloud environments is a plus