Solutions Architect - Application Transformation
Job Location: Seoul
About your potential future team:
Pivotal Application Transformation, APJ is a regional Pivotal consulting team, and a recognized leader in software modernization. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software but modernize existing, mission-critical software into cloud-native applications so they can leverage Pivotal’s cloud-based IAAS and PAAS offerings (Platform / Infrastructure as a Service). Our approach is constantly evolving and is informed by over 30 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP with Domain-Driven Design and cutting cloud-native application transformation strategies.
A typical day in this role
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
You will also work closely with the Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering team to:
- Provide feedback on – and contributions to – the Spring and Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- Fluent in business level English
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- 8+ years of software development experience
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc )
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry.
- You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques applications, and using Domain Driven Design
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Death, Disability and medical health insurance)
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, congratulatory, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Seoul Office:
Our Seoul office is housed within Pivot Point, where we are partnering with many of Korea’s largest institutions. Located in the famous Gangnam district, 7 minutes walk distance from Samsung station (Green Line #2) and 3 minutes from BongEunSa station(Gold Line #9) Since Samsung station is one of the biggest metro areas, it is very convenient to commute with every transportation not just for subway but also for buses and taxis.
Our office just steps away from world-class innovation hubs, fabulous restaurants, coffee shops, cosmetics/clothes shops and one of the biggest movie theater complex in Korea, all of these make our location a perfect environment for both professional business and fun.
Also in our Korea office you can enjoy breakfast provided daily (Buffet style breakfast at office - Monday, breakfast at Korean restaurant, Bakery, Cafe during Tue-Fri) a panoramic lounge with views to the "Han River" on 30F, a nap room with a massage chair, Bi-weekly team “Happy Hours” and other team activities.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.