Job Location: Shenzhen
About your potential future team: Pivotal Great China Platform Architect team
A typical day in this role:
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners, and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and drive POCs.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and IaaS
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Comfortable in Java (or equivalent languages)
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Docker or Kubernetes experience
- Experience with a PaaS product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk or similar
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, Terraform or related automation/orchestration tools
- Understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic, etc)
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Concourse
- Experience in datacenter operations, network administration, production database support or website support
- Experience with the Spring Framework
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Death, Disability and medical health insurance)
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, congratulatory, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working:
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.