Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You have an interest in building our mission to drive a healthy business and culture within our Labs office. You have a strong passion for leading Agile, Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies to sell and execute on world-class product development.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP, lean startup and user-centered design.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and manage a local leadership team consisting of an associate director and managers
- Work collaboratively with Labs Executive leadership to define and reach targets such as revenue and utilization
- Partner with Sales and R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption and product bookings and agile practices
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting and support appropriate growth
- Act as a client liaison (CL) and support others CLs for engagements you are responsible for:
- Set-up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Set and manage client expectations
- Potentially scale agile to work in parallel across many clients and many teams
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality and best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage and communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, and Pivots for all teams
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance and
- Manage office leadership team and coach reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Work effectively with the sales organization and ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads and supporting Sales organization in closing business
- Advise all salespeople on how and when to sell product development services
- Create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Actively recruit and own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent and supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings and a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers and provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out and represent Pivotal to relevant communities, and lead the conversation around our ideas and practices via blog posts, meetups, and conferences.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Must be effective working independently and in a team setting
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Previous experience running a consulting business and working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
- Ability to travel up to 30% to customer locations
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 182,700 - 247,000 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical and disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs and more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).