Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
A typical day in this role:
We are looking for an aggressive, high-energy, software sales professional who will identify and bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. You are responsible for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts.
Specifically, in this key role the successful candidate will be required to:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Perform contract renewal activities focused on client needs
- Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Work with existing and new customers to expand Pivotal territory coverage
- Develop long-term strategic accounts as well as to meet short-term performance goals
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development using the Integrated Sales Cycle
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess:
- 10+ years of technology consulting and/or product sales experience with focus on IT
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs, achievement driven and highly competitive
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources wisely when needed
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good partner management skill
- Innovative thinking and business oriented
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance; high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a start up environment
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, resilient with high commitment
- Goal-oriented with ability to work autonomously
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Medical health insurance including childbirth, Risk Benefits and other insured benefits)
- Commuter allowance - Pivotal pays the cost of public transportation, for ALL employees, based on the shortest and most economical route from home to office and return.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, marriage, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan (Defined Contribution (DC) Plan + Cash Balance (CB) lump-sum plan
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Tokio Office:
Our Tokyo office is located in Roppongi Hills, where many startups and high-tech companies reside. The design of our Pivotal Tokyo office is similar to our headquarters in San Francisco replicating a “Silicon Valley” style. Employees can enjoy Ping-Pong, meetups, food and drink and other activities.
Our team in Japan brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to the home of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanese companies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help them build successful products and teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complement the energy and intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working:
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.