Our Tokyo location brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to the home of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanese companies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help them build successful products and teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complement the energy and intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
We are looking for an aggressive, high-energy, software sales professional who will identify and bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. You are responsible for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts.
Specifically, in this key role the successful candidate will be required to:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Perform contract renewal activities focused on client needs
- Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Work with existing and new customers to expand Pivotal territory coverage
- Develop long-term strategic accounts as well as to meet short-term performance goals
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development using the Integrated Sales Cycle
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
The successful candidate will possess:
- 10+ years of technology consulting and/or product sales experience with focus on IT
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs, achievement driven and highly competitive
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources wisely when needed
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good partner management skill
- Innovative thinking and business oriented
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance; high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
- Enterprise applications in Java EE environments, Cloud applications experience would be an asset
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a start up environment
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, resilient with high commitment
- Goal-oriented with ability to work autonomously
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.