As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software. The Cloud R&D team here in Dublin is looking for a great senior product manager to join us to help create the next generation of PaaS based products to help the biggest, most influential companies on earth transform how they build and operate software.
You believe that enabling our customers to get new features to market quickly is the best way to remain competitive in the market. You are passionate about delivering software and believe that application developers should be empowered to do what they do best, writing and shipping code. You want to make Pivotal Cloud Foundry the best place to do this.
You value outcomes over outputs, customer problems over requirements, and incremental releases over hard deadlines. You can identify clear incremental steps forward to achieve a product vision, and ways to measure if you’ve achieved that vision. You enjoy working closely with engineers to refine the details and ensure that the emerging implementation does what you expected, and you’re also able to shift direction responsively as you learn
You have an interest, or experience, in managing Product managers. You empower your team, and other product managers around you, to do their best work, and create space for empathy and shared understanding, even in difficult situations. Folks look to you when they need a sounding board.
You have an interest in, and understanding of the Cloud market, or you can ramp up to the space quickly. you can talk passionately about the latest technology trends and share your views on technology with us. You might have been a product manager for most of your career, or you might have worked with amazing product managers as a software engineer, systems operator, or platform engineer.
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry we transform how the world deploys and scales software, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions. Our engineers pair program, all-day every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. They also work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently so that they are able to meet everyone in the organization.
As part of the team in Europe, you will be working on making Pivotal Platform products the place to run your applications and consume data services. We are enhancing the core platform to provide a self-service marketplace with a range of tightly integrated offerings to empower Application Developers to quickly and easily consume the right data service for their needs. In addition to this we’re also building a range of enterprise grade data products to offer on the platform.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering is located within the CHQ building in Dublin Docklands. To make sure you start your day energised, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks/drinks are of course available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented people who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks or playing foosball.
- Ability to work with various levels of certainty in order to produce a vision, research plan, or roadmap that drives a team of designers and engineers forward in delivering customer value
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets the needs of our evolving customers
- Focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization, as well as the structure with which to measure its success
- Focus on continuous delivery of product features to customers, improving the efficiency of our delivery cycles and getting feedback on if we are building the right thing by actively engage customers and the community of users
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings by engaging with the greater Pivotal product management community
- Enable other Dublin based PMs to iterate on their practice
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of product management or similar experience, especially with large scale, distributed products and teams
- Experience working with small and growing teams to ship products to market
- Ability to learn quickly, and strategically, so that you can focus on defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
- Strong leadership and communication skills, and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and take charge of solving problems
- Experience with product lifecycle frameworks that focus on learning/iteration as much as delivering software
- Previous success working with an agile/lean development teams
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.