Senior Product Designer (UX) - Old Street, London
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We are excited to grow our world-class design team in London.
- Product designers at Pivotal Labs ensure we solve the right problems and understand user needs to deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact.
- The goal is to ship products that create user and business value and enable the client team to develop the skills necessary to take the product home after an engagement with our team.
- You are working with a cross-disciplinary product team of product managers, developers and data scientists and pair up with your clients.
- You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable with uncertainty and can lead the design effort from initial discovery research through to delivery.
- Iterative user feedback is part of our design process and you are in charge of running research sessions and synthesis with the team.
- You are curious and a keen learner who thrives on enhancing your and Labs' practices and knowledge. You will have the autonomy to try out new processes, especially in the spirit of agile - do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don’t work.
You’ll work with your team onsite or at a Pivotal location, and regular travel across UK and some other countries in Europe is an expectation of the role. When traveling, we work on a 5-4-3 configuration: 5 days working with a customer, 4 days at the customer site, and 3 nights away from home. Typically our team will travel Monday morning to start work at lunch time, and leave Thursday afternoon to be home by the evening.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years experience in related field. Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Have experience designing applications, from consumer-facing to business applications.
- Lead product design from discovery research through to implementation - you want to help the team succeed more than making a nice sketch file.
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
- Bring together a user-centred approach with business needs and technical feasibility.
- Bring deep experience in at least one of the following facets of design: user research, service design, interaction design or visual design.
- Have experience and curiosity within agile and lean philosophies.
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders in a consulting role.
- A growth mindset.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Have experience enabling clients in user-centred design best practices.
- Experienced in user research methodologies and can educate others.
- Interest in giving talks on design to clients and internal pivots.
- Experience in systems thinking and designing complex multi-sided systems.
- Able to help the development team with CSS.
- Able to travel.
- Active member of the design community.
- Experience working with Public Sector organisations
- Secret Clearance preferred
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We believe Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is integral to everything we do as a company and our investment in these efforts is a function of our core values as a company: Doing the Right Thing, Doing What Works and Being Kind. Learn more about our culture here.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.