Dell Technologies unites seven technology leaders – Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream, and VMware – in one company with the power to drive digital transformation and generate real results every day for the customers and people who partner with us.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Are partner focused, hands-on, a technical expert who also has the soft skills to effectively communicate and evangelize technology across an ecosystem.
- Have the sales and business acumen that will allow you to position Pivotal technology and services in conjunction with partners to meet the needs of Fortune 2000 customers.
- Look to truly help customers solve real-world issues and to help coach and evangelize them on industry trends, best practices, and how software can help.
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- You are partner-focused and will spend much of your time enabling partners (SI’s, Resellers, and Strategic) by presenting, demonstrating and evangelizing Pivotal technology and modern application & operation practices.
- In support of this, you will also spend much time preparing for and practicing these important partner interactions.
- You will also need to keep your technical skillset sharp by constant, self-driven, research, learning, and hands-on experience.
- Beyond hands-on technical skills, you will collaborate with the alliance's team and regional sales management to set a strategy for engaging with key partners. This will involve direct engagement with the customer account teams to ensure alignment between Pivotal, partner, and customer throughout pre-sales and post-sales collaboration.
- You will liaise with partners on specific opportunities where PCF forms a part of a larger customer solution.
- You may also engage with customers directly to support a partner-identified opportunity before Pivotal account team engagement.
- Understand partner business model and sales motions; be able to communicate this with Pivotal’s field and work with the account teams for joint customer success
- Shape joint go-to-market as related to the use of Pivotal technology internal the partner and external to joint customers
- Organizing tech talks and participating in meetups/events.
- Must have effective communication, listening, and presentation skills as well as partner advocacy in the field.
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- Prior experience in an alliance or partner role
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud-scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required.
- Comfortable in Java, with significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and Container as a service
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Customer-focused and results-driven
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities.
- At least 8 years’ experience as a software pre-sales expert promoting DevOps and/or development tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the systems and tooling that support it
Singapore Pivotal Office:
- Globally recognized as a leading center of finance, shipping, and travel, Singapore is an impressive blend of culture and commerce. From fast-growing startups to established multi-national corporations, we're fortunate to have opportunities to work with a wide range of clients and industries. With its thriving local tech community, world-class education, and healthcare systems, the Lion City is a perfect home for our Pivots in APAC.
- Pivotal Singapore office is located inside an iconic building in the heart of Singapore’s CBD, Funan office space. Commuting is simple with the MRT five minutes away. With modern amenities and built-in community, you’ll deliver your best work at our shared office in Downtown Singapore.
And finally…… The perks of being a Pivot!!!
- Hot breakfast buffet prepared by our lovely Chef - Yes every morning!!
- The sustainable pace of work, have fun while working, read a book on the rooftop, play a game of ping pong, or chat with co-workers at the snack bar.
- Free drinks (Coffee, Juice, soft drinks and other beverages) and a large variety of snacks
- We have regular “Happy Hours” after a hard day of paired programming to be able to relax with the team
- We run the Lean Startup Meet-up inhouse - great for professional networking!
- Fantastic team environment work alongside really bright and like-minded individuals.
- Benefits package (Medical Health Insurance, and other insured benefits)
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.