San Francisco, California / Seattle, WA / Toronto, Ontario
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
The Business Applications team is seeking a Solution Architect to deliver enterprise integration solutions to our customers in information technology. Looking for a hands-on resource to develop integrations between different Financial and HCM systems. As our SaaS vendors continue to provide additional technical capabilities, you will be instrumental in determining how we utilize and integrate those capabilities to build scalable systems and architecture. A keen interest on how companies can embrace emerging technologies like AI, Slack integration, and bots to streamline business process is important.
- Continue to lead technical efforts with multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on delivery guidance to influence standards for development, governance, and operational life cycle
- Create detailed architecture diagrams, data models, and mockups
- Drive development and enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
- Prototype solutions to ensure business alignment with proposals
- Excellent systems integration experience with common web services APIs and middleware
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Seven to ten years minimum experience leading integration efforts and architecting solutions
- Demonstrated experience managing and architecting for multiple technical integration project SDLCs (Software Development Life Cycle) end-to-end, sometimes simultaneously
- Working knowledge of on-premise/cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, and deployments/configurations and definition/evangelism of best practices/standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively architect solutions within a diverse technical team of client, SIs, contractors, and internal teams
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring junior level resources, consultants, and clients while leading internal initiatives to grow Services organization practices
- Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple, global initiatives autonomously
- Strong Workday implementation experience preferred. Strong end to end implementation experience with HR and / or Financials.
- Experience with other SaaS offerings also beneficial like Zuora and Salesforce.com
- Experience with middleware tools such as Workday Studio, CastIron, Boomi, Mulesoft or similar.