About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
As a Pivotal Product Researcher you will provide insights, data and ideas that help our teams make better, more empathetic decisions. To do this they study one of the most complex, challenging, and rapidly evolving types of relationship - the relationship between businesses and their customers.
In addition to this you will:
- Define and improve software used by thousands of people in Fortune 1000 companies by using generative research and systems design methodologies.
- Spend 70% of your time on user research and 30% design and strategy.
- Practice design thinking methodologies in a team of multidisciplinary practitioners to solve complex problems.
- Help the team identify assumptions and determine which of those can be best validated by user research.
- Turn open questions into formal research studies that provide teams with meaningful and actionable customer insights.
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys and everything in between.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across Pivotal, to inform product road maps and guide our strategy.
- Help frame and prioritize explorations around how customers might use emerging technology in an ever-evolving and complex problem space.
- Empower product teams and others in the organization by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer.
- Build and share empathy with the customers in order to deeply understand them and their needs.
- Design and facilitate design thinking workshops.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers on teams to promote a ‘think bigger and act smaller’ mentality.
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry, we transform how the world deploys and scales software, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions. Our engineers pair program, all-day every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. They also work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently so that they are able to meet everyone in the organization.
- 5+ years of experience conducting product research for digital products or services.
- An in depth understanding of user centered design and UX best practices.
- An ability to communicate research findings in creative and impactful ways - with a strong attention to detail.
- A strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; an ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and how to have an impact.
- Team-oriented, collaborative and with a strong growth mindset.
- Being okay with navigating complexity and continuously learning new things
- Experience contributing on cross discipline teams (e.g. working closely with Engineering and Product Managers)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.