San Francisco, CA / New York, NY
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal's Real Estate & Brand Experience team is responsible for acquiring, designing, building and operating Pivotal's real estate portfolio across the globe. We make sure that employees, clients, and visitors are happy, productive, and feel at home in the workplace - every single day.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative and high energy Project Manager to be part of our team. Project management fundamentals and a proven success delivering projects are table stakes. The successful individual will show an ability to think differently, come up with new ideas, have a bias towards action and be technically savvy.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Manage each project like you own it and be laser focused on what actions come next.
- Leverage your expertise. Utilize your industry knowledge to help manage new office builds and updates to our existing workplace environments.
- Innovate and challenge. Look for ways to think differently about the way projects are typically delivered to compress schedules and maximize investments. Tell us your ideas, don't wait for us to ask.
- Lead a virtual team. You will work with our partner project managers and our internal teams, keeping them on point.
- Familiarize yourself with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all scope to be constructed.
- Manage, review and coordinate all aspects of the project, including: scope, schedule, budget, operational needs, project related meetings and communications, procedures, as well as individual roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues. Document the status of the project, all meetings and correspondence as a means to properly communicate within the project team and develop the project documents.
- Review, understand, and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, substitutions, dispute resolution and claims avoidance, landlord allowance, etc.
Here's what we're looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes, scheduling and a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
- 5+ years of experience in construction project management, including commercial office projects, 2+ of those years are with top technology company office space.
- Experience with managing multiple projects remotely.
- Disciplined approach to reviewing and managing contractor cost budgets, and value engineering proposals for validity.
- Experience on projects with multiple permit packages, contracts and construction phases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as business presentation skills and ability to communicate complex issues.