Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal’s Finance, Operations, and Real Estate teams create the commercial, physical, and cultural frameworks that help us grow and scale. We collaborate to keep our business running smoothly and ensure we stay on track to meet (and exceed) our goals. We also design and support work environments that reflect our culture and help you reach your highest potential.
You like to help people, through and through. You exude positive energy, like to bring people together, and are passionate about living and breathing culture. You thrive in an ever-changing environment while juggling many things at once. Nothing ruffles your feathers and you power through when the going gets tough. You’re an excellent communicator who can keep everyone informed and pulled in. With an eye for detail, you are uber organized from paper, to spreadsheets, to the space around you.
Every day is different, but the common denominator is that the Workplace Operations Coordinator sets the stage for the office and carefully curates the experience for everyone walking through the door - from fellow Pivots to clients to recruits to vendors. You’ll be the partner between the Real Estate & Brand Experience team and the local office. As one of the “air traffic controllers”, you’ll help your team coordinate day to day office operations related to facilities, food and beverage, internal events, security, calendaring and administrative organization. Every transaction and interaction will be through a hospitality lens with exceptional service being the top priority.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Exceptional service skills with a hospitality mindset
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Superb communication skills: non-verbal, verbal and written
- Detail oriented focus
- Ability to act on your feet and problem solve
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Master of juggling multiple projects and demands while efficiently prioritizing
- Strong computer skills and the leaning toward technology vs paper
- Ability to lift 40 lbs (18kg)
Desired Skills / Experiences
- 1-2 years experience in hospitality, customer service/support, corporate facilities or related field
- The ability to maintain composure and positivity through less than perfect circumstances
- Experience with google mail/calendaring and its accompanying applications
- Experience and interest in event planning
- Experience in a startup, fast paced environment
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.