Dell Technologies unites seven technology leaders – Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream, and VMware – in one company with the power to drive digital transformation and generate real results every day for the customers and people who partner with us.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Have knowledge and experience with architecture of enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Experience of whiteboarding complex concepts to a technical & business audience
- Have an ability to collaborate and work interactively with our clients to ensure their successful deployment of Pivotal technology
- Are technically curious with the appetite to learn and master emerging technologies
- Are coachable and willing to learn in order to adapt to a changing environment
There is a paradigm shift towards cloud-native technologies and methodologies calling for new capabilities. As part of Dell Technologies, this initiative focuses on uplifting of Cloud Native Ecosystem in Singapore and enabling our enterprise customers in Singapore and the regional economies.
- Create and implement infrastructure architectures for cloud-native infrastructure PaaS deployments
- Establish continuous delivery pipelines for the deployment of cloud-native infrastructure PaaS and related products in a customer’s infrastructure
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver customer apps to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of industry trends
- Ultimately, you will become an agent of change within customer organizations.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools such as Jenkins, Concourse, vRealize Automation, Team City, Bamboo, UrbanCode, etc.
- 3+ years experience in data center architecture, delivery, and operational services in Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware SDDC, AWS, Azure, Google Compute Platform and OpenStack
- Solid understanding with configuration/cluster management technologies such as Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH, Ansible, etc.
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics tools such as New Relic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Papertrail, Datadog, VMware vRealize, AppDynamics, etc.
- Pays attention to IT operations trends and new best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
Desired Skills / Experiences
- 8+ years experience as a hands-on Infrastructure architect ideally in a customer facing capacity
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience or deep knowledge on one or more of the following cloud-native technologies: Cloud-native Security, Data Microservice, Spring, NSX-T, enterprise architecture
- A background in Windows deployment, automation, and related technologies
- Degree or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering in established universities
Singapore Pivotal Office:
- Globally recognized as a leading center of finance, shipping, and travel, Singapore is an impressive blend of culture and commerce. From fast-growing startups to established multi-national corporations, we're fortunate to have opportunities to work with a wide range of clients and industries. With its thriving local tech community, world-class education, and healthcare systems, the Lion City is a perfect home for our Pivots in APAC.
- Pivotal Singapore office is located inside an iconic building in the heart of Singapore’s CBD, Funan office space. Commuting is simple with the MRT five minutes away. With modern amenities and built-in community, you’ll deliver your best work at our shared office in Downtown Singapore.
And finally…… The perks of being a Pivot!!!
- Hot breakfast buffet prepared by our lovely Chef - Yes every morning!!
- Sustainable pace of work, have fun while working, read a book on the rooftop, play a game of ping pong, or chat with co-workers at the snack bar.
- Free drinks (Coffee, Juice, soft drinks and other beverages) and a large variety of snacks
- We have regular “Happy Hours” after a hard day of paired programming to be able to relax with the team
- We run the Lean Startup Meet-up in house - great for professional networking!
- Fantastic team environment work alongside really bright and like minded individuals.
- Benefits package (Medical Health Insurance, and other insured benefits)
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.