Anywhere in the USA (Remote)
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Sr. Salesforce Administrator & Developer
You have a passion for technology and for delivering high-quality solutions. You’re comfortable working side by side with sales and operations teams and have a “roll up your sleeves” mentality. You are extremely organized and can make sense of complex situations quickly and with ease. A natural problem solver, you can analyze any situation, take control and drive decision making. You prioritize well, iterate when necessary and have impeccable follow-through. You are technically minded and a whole-hearted evangelist for our platforms and processes. You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it.
Pivotal IT keeps things working so that everyone else can focus on what they do best. We value personal communication over documentation, time over money, and good enough today over perfect next week. When we want a hand we pair and learn. Know what needs to happen? Get it done.
Reporting to the IT Development Manager, the Sr. Salesforce Administrator & Developer will work directly with all levels of the sales and customer success organizations to deliver customizations and integrations with our backend SaaS platforms, primarily Salesforce.com, Einstein Analytics, and Zuora. You will work with the Program Management team to design, architect, build and support solutions for our Sales and Customer Success teams and make their strategic roadmap vision a reality. We are looking for a smart, self-starting individual who is experienced in both sales methodology and processes as well as technical implementations. The ideal candidate for this role will have advanced Salesforce administration skills and some Salesforce development experience or a strong desire to learn.
Required Skills / Experiences
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree with operational experience
- Confident Salesforce Administrator with advanced administration tools such as Process Builder and Lightning Flows
- Solutions and Processes
- Ability to hear a business problem and develop creative, scalable options for solving it, including tradeoffs, data impacts, and upstream/downstream process and system implications
- Ability to partner with program managers extensively and other internal development teams as needed
- High personal accountability for self and others
- Design and Development:
- Strong understanding of Sales methodologies and processes
- Familiarity working in an Agile, test-driven software development lifecycle
- Ability to efficiently manage several requests simultaneously
- Certified Salesforce Administrator required
- Some Apex, Visualforce or Lightning Components development experience a plus
- Einstein Analytics implementation a plus
- Interpersonal skills:
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills along with the ability to work virtually and independently as required
- An endless sense of curiosity; deep capacity and drive for exploring outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to work in a highly fluid, fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Experience working with globally distributed resources
- Ability to jump in where needed to complete projects
- Model best practice qualities of collaboration and customer service
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.