Location: Sydney, NSW
The Sydney tech industry is seeing a new-found revival and is on the cusp of an entrepreneurial revolution fuelled by its first generation of startup heroes. Bigger players in Australia are opening innovation labs to collaborate with partners and startups in order to build communities.
Pivotal is located in the heart of the Sydney CBD (Wynyard station is our nearest), close to the beautiful Darling Harbour, with the iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House as its backdrop. This is an ideal location for inspiring the next generation of software companies.
About Us: Video
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with C-level clients, you will be driving the digital & application transformation strategy with market leading enterprise customers.
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- By building relationships with key decision makers within organisations, uncover pain points to building software and identify aps and teams that are in need of support
- New logo acquisition and working with existing customers to expand Pivotal’s presence
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance
- Responsible for lead generation and development of sales pipeline to attract new clients and seek further opportunities with existing clients through consultative selling
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Strong proven history of engagement and network in Sydney based Financial Services /Large Corporations from which to land or accelerate Pivotal’s presence
- Considerable experience of selling application development consulting and/or enterprise software products.
- Experience using a consultative sales approach to sell the business value / outcomes derived vs. product is KEY
- Appreciation of business and outcome value derived from DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers and other similar technologies / approaches.
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Previous experience of working in a Start-Up environment
- Experience of selling Enterprise applications in Java EE / .Net environments, Cloud applications experience
And finally…… The perks of being a Pivot!!!
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + Superannuation + Stock)
- State of the art offices in the heart of the Sydney CBD.
- Hot breakfast buffet prepared by our lovely Chef - Yes every morning!!
- Sustainable pace of work, have fun while working, read a book on the rooftop, play a game of ping pong, or chat with co-workers at the snack bar.
- Free drinks (Coffee, Juice, soft drinks and other beverages) and a large variety of snacks
- We have regular “Happy Hours” after a hard day of paired programming to be able to relax with the team
- We run the Lean Startup Meet-up in house - great for professional networking!
- Fantastic team environment work alongside really bright and like minded individuals.
- Benefits package (Medical Health Insurance, and other insured benefits)
- Paid Parental Leave and paternity leave to support our families.
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program - We love our staff members to be at their best
- Professional development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation.
So, do you want to Join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance for now, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.