Job Location: Singapore
Please note that although this role mainly is based in Singapore, this is a regional role with up to 50% travel involved.
About your potential future team
Pivotal Application Transformation, APJ is a regional Pivotal consulting team, and a recognized leader in software modernization. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software but modernize existing, mission-critical software into cloud-native applications so they can leverage Pivotal’s cloud-based IAAS and PAAS offerings (Platform / Infrastructure as a Service). Our approach is constantly evolving and is informed by over 30 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP with Domain-Driven Design and cutting cloud-native application transformation strategies.
A typical day in this role
- Work on short, sharp, focused projects, primarily in our clients’ offices around the region, as part of a balanced team of solution architects, product managers, designers and business people as part of a blended team of Pivotal and client staff.
- Run strategy and implementation enablement-oriented modernisation projects
- Collaborate with Architects, engineers, product managers, and other members of your team to articulate and manage the best way forward, and work together with the client program project manager to overcome any challenges along the way.
- Advocate for incremental delivery and look for opportunities to release early and often to achieve business outcomes
- Enjoy coaching a client Product / Project Manager and team while you work on products together
- While most projects will be dedicated assignments, there will be opportunities to juggle multiple projects as well.
- Help customers solve their problems with software, across a vast spectrum of products in terms of industry and type ranging from Greenfield to Brownfield (replatforming, rewrites and modernization)
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Experienced in leading customer discovery and proposal preparation.
- Work with C-Suite executives to negotiate outcomes that benefit from the Pivotal Way.
Required Skills and Experience
- Business acumen & good understanding of commercial drivers
- Experience product / project managing across multiple industries
- Facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to consult and coach
- C-Suite Stakeholder management
- Familiar with waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Exposure to microservices projects
- Experience working in cross-functional teams of engineers and designers
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience with managing modernisation / transformation projects / programs
We really care about our employees and offer
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + Superannuation + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (subsidized medical health insurance, Risk benefits, and other insured benefits)
- 12 weeks paid parental Leave to support our families - all parents eligible
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
- Adoption leave (12 weeks pay for eligible child)
Our Singapore Office
The Singapore tech industry is seeing a new-found revival and is on the cusp of a revolution fueled by startups like Grab and Lazada. Bigger players such as PSA, DBS, and Singapore Airlines are also building new technology teams to transform the way they build software. Pivotal is located in the heart of the CBD, inside the amazing new Funan Center With an indoor climbing wall, a rooftop garden, and a spectacular array of shops and restaurants, this is an ideal location for inspiring the next generation of software companies.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We live by our Values
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now! To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.