Pivotal Customer Support Engineer Intern
About Pivotal VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
About the Team
Pivotal Global Support is a dynamic and agile team within the organisation, providing commercial support to our Data, PaaS product offerings to IT and developer communities in Fortune 1000 companies.
As Pivotal continues to vigorously build out our product portfolio and offerings, we are looking for an intern who wishes to gain:
- Hands on development operations experience
- An understanding of and experience in virtualisation and system level administration
- The opportunity to learn about and grow the PaaS (Platform as a Service) paradigm
- Immersion in the most exciting time of Pivotal’s journey
Pivotal Interns can expect to learn how to:
- Apply advanced and in-depth knowledge to analyze, diagnose, replicate, troubleshoot and resolve standard to highly complex technical customer reported issues around our PaaS platform
- Take ownership, manage and maintain up-to-date status on all supported requests
- Escalate unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge to engineering in a timely manner
- Report and submit product defects in the bug tracking system
- Create and peer review new knowledge base articles
- Become flexible and adaptive to change
Candidates must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong professional demeanor with customers
- Possess an analytical mind with a view to developing troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Be a team player
If you are passionate about solving problems while working with world-class people and developing cutting-edge technology, Pivotal’s internship is the one for you.