About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Most of the world’s developers work with legacy applications that reside on an outdated platform using antiquated tools. Moving to the cloud is often hindered by a complex application portfolio that is tightly-coupled and sparsely documented. Organizations are impeded by manual, tedious processes designed to minimize risk and adhere to compliance. As a result, software releases are often infrequent and time consuming.
Pivotal’s Application Transformation Services (AppTx) are designed to help our clients navigate the journey to the cloud, infusing confidence every step of the way. The selected Engineer would work alongside our clients and help transform their legacy portfolio to cloud-native in order to incrementally reduce time, cost, and operational inefficiencies while maintaining security, resilience and compliance.
You are someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment. Our project teams can include PMs, designers, engineers, data scientists and other roles - and pairing across these specialties leads to incredible results.
You can’t get enough of product and learning. Our clients come from nearly every vertical out there and you’ll be able to work hand-in-hand with the decision makers in each. In fact, you will be partnering directly with a client PM and coaching them on modern product development practices.
You enjoy being a leader and an influencer. In this role, you will work with the project team, client executives and the entire spectrum of PMs (project, product, program and any similar roles that a client may have) - to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s users.
You bring a balanced, holistic and flexible mindset to product development. We share the overall success of the product with our clients. This means that we don’t just help our clients ship features, or define and validate product direction. We do what needs to be done to ensure that both the product and the engagement are successful.
You are comfortable with ambiguity. We work in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making trade-offs. This requires us to be comfortable moving forward with imperfect information.
Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We pair with our client PMs, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to product management that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, industries and products. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you'll typically work hard for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6-12 weeks) in a Pivotal office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers, and business people
- Help customers realise unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language, and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile, XP and Lean techniques
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Required to speak fluent French/ English
- Product Management experience, especially with web-based and/or mobile products
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean start up methodology
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.