Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc. combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Who we are
The Finance team provides insight into Pivotal’s business using financial models built through collaboration across finance and the business. We engage directly with senior leadership and partner with finance and operations to understand our business drivers. We translate those drivers into models and projections to support strategic decision making at all levels of the business. This role is a critical player on our finance team; it owns subscription revenue and key components of our forecast. This role partners strategically with sales operations, sales and functional finance, corporate FP&A and other key business partners.
- Build and own the subscription revenue forecast and plan including the quarterly deal outlook and renewals forecast
- Partner closely with sales operations to understand how deal levers impact revenue in the short and long term
- Manage renewals by deal, geo and product in close partnership with field and sales operations. Summarize and communicate information in a compelling manner to partners
- Lead deferred revenue and RPO forecast and analytics for subscription revenue.
- Articulate and summarize revenue drivers weekly to senior leadership and the CFO
- Lead earnings support for subscription and all related metrics
- Surface trends and risks/opportunities in underlying data to drive decisions
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in finance and across the company
- Maintain a laser focus on how to automate and streamline workflow; identify ways to employ technology solutions
Required Skills / Experiences
- 8-10 years finance experience
- SaaS based finance experience in a high growth environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong Excel and Google sheet skills
- Ability to build complex financial models
- Passion for all things subscription
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience with Workday, Anaplan, or similar software is desirable
- Ability to liaise with multiple organizations and departments (both internal & external)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
- Collaborative team player
- Focus on transparency in communication and analysis
- Motivated self-starter
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.