About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal’s Real Estate & Brand Experience team is responsible for acquiring, designing, building and operating Pivotal’s real estate portfolio across the globe. We make sure that employees, clients, and visitors are happy, productive, and feel at home in the workplace – every single day.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative, creative, disciplined leader to head our Design & Construction team. This individual’s impact is seen every day in our offices. The successful individual will need to find wins for the organization while navigating through company standards and local needs. It will also be important for this leader to ensure timely delivery of all projects while appropriately prioritizing.
- Team leadership - manage a diverse project team to deliver targeted outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Project management - experience managing multiple projects while maintaining disciplined execution
- Construction - expertise/working knowledge of construction practices (e.g. terms, estimating, scheduling, delivery, and understanding construction documents). Possess in-depth knowledge of multiple project delivery methods with a clear understanding of the pros/cons of each
- Design - Experience and knowledge of space planning principles and programming processes
- Furniture - experience and knowledgeable in furniture systems and workplace densification, efficiencies, and optimization
- Telecommunications/Network/AV - understands the principles & practices of connectivity to support modern technology (inclusive of video conferencing & collaboration technologies)
- Project Budgeting & Cost Control - Expertise analyzing contractor proposals (inclusive of bids, change requests and change orders), and managing their work to gain the most value from project dollars
- Project Scheduling & Control - ability to manage projects to schedule, mitigate surprises and appropriately communicate impacts
- Building Systems and Services - working knowledge of exterior site improvements, building envelope systems and building internal services; expertise with base building mechanical, electrical plumbing and life safety systems
- Security Systems - working knowledge of access control, alarms, and other systems and how they integrate into the overall facility
- Sustainable Practices - knowledge & experience of leading sustainability practices used in the construction and operations of facilities
- Procurement - Ability to develop project management, design, and general contracting services RFPs, conduct interviews, and objectively evaluate responses
- Legal - Experience developing and reviewing standard domestic and international construction related contracts and statements of work
- 8+ years of Workplace Experience in Real Estate, Design & Construction, and Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- History of work in both service provider and corporate organizations
- Unrelenting focus on delivering what the customer needs
- Proven ability to problem solve and initiate creative solutions
- Focus on process and efficiencies
- Success collaborating in highly dynamic environments
- Experience working internationally; cultural sensitivity to communications and business engagement.
- Experience with research design and research related to people's Workplace behavior
- A persuasive and credible communicator who earns the trust of colleagues and senior management
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others to understand their perspectives, to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and persuade vendors and contractors to perform to meet commitments
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.