Database Kernel Software Engineer
About your future team:
Be part of world-class database development team, participate in design and develop next generation of MPP share nothing database & big data platform.
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package as well as equity in our company.
About your future team:
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of feature to resolve real customer pain points and requirements
- Deliver robust, fault tolerant, production
- Interact with members of the Greenplum team across US & China to better align with each other
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent C programming skills, good at [Python/Java/Golang]
- Rich system level programming experiences, like signals, threads, memory, network, semaphores, IPC
- Deep understanding on database principals
- Rich experience with MPP database or distributed system are big plus.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills
- Team player and self motivated for success
- Experience with SQL on Hadoop, AWS etc are big plus
- A big bonus for familiarity with PostgreSQL
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Death, Disability and medical health insurance)
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, congratulatory, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Beijing Office:
We are located in Raycom InfoTech Park alongside many Fortune Global 500 companies in the Zhongguancun district, the Silicon Valley of China. Zhongguancun is one of the most convenient and prosperous districts in Beijing. Raycom InfoTech Park provides some of the best facilities for fitness, leisure, and dining.
The Beijing office is the only one R&D in APJ region and the only Data R&D practice of Pivotal outside US
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working:
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.