Cloud Platform Customer Support Engineer
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
About Global Support Services
Pivotal Support is a dynamic and agile organization within Pivotal. We provide commercial support to our PaaS, Data product offerings to IT and developer communities in Fortune 1000 companies.
About the job
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with an understanding of cloud computing, virtualization and system administration. As Pivotal continues to build out the product portfolio and offerings, you will be immersed in the most exciting time of the company’s history.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze, diagnose, replicate, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues reported by customers using the Pivotal PaaS platform
- Take ownership, manage and maintain status on support requests
- Escalate unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner
- Report and submit product defects and collaborate with Engineering to triage customer issues
- Create and peer review knowledgebase articles and product documentation
- Willing and able to learn new technologies
Our team members are all familiar, skilled, and/or experienced in some of the following (we do not expect you to check everything on this list)
- Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- IaaS/Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS, OpenStack, vSphere, etc.)
- Pivotal OSS technologies such as the Spring framework, RabbitMQ, Redis, Tomcat and Geode/Gemfire.
- Container technologies such as Docker or container orchestration tools like CoreOS, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Software development practices and tools, git workflows, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Reading, understanding and making changes to moderately complex applications written in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python Rails, GO, NodeJS, and especially .NET and/or Java
- Databases such as Postgres, MySQL and other NoSQL databases.
- Distributed Systems, Microservice architecture, Cloud Native applications
- Active contributor to open source initiatives
If you are passionate about solving problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal. This is a very exciting time to join Pivotal. We offer competitive benefits and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras (beer fridge, free breakfast, snacks etc) that create a rewarding work experience.