Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You have a strong passion for leading Agile and Lean methodologies to sell and execute on world-class product development.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP, lean startup and user-centered design.
As an Associate Director (AD) your primary focus will be to:
- Act as Client Liaison on selected projects or clients. You will be responsible for shipping software that achieves customers’ business goals, is consistent with Pivotal quality and drives customer satisfaction
- Weekly collaboration with clients to align on goals
- Manage clients and Pivots on project teams. When done well, these teams can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Act as a consultant to the client, understand their needs and introduce Pivotal services and products when deemed fit.
- Contribute to selling activities on behalf of Pivotal Labs, and other products and services offered by Pivotal Software
- Represent Pivotal by supporting sales activities, conducting tours and executive briefings, leading scoping meetings and helping with follow up
- Work closely with account teams to determine best use of services for key clients
- Collaborate with account teams and sales operations to create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Maximize personal contributions to Labs revenue and cost management through billable client work
- Collaborate with account teams to maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring employees receive guidance and support.
- Coach direct reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Monitor and improve the recruitment, training, development and retention of Pivots.
- Enhance Labs’ practices and knowledge (methods, ways of working, offering development, training methods) by working with members of the Labs Practices Council to evolve our approach to product development.
In addition to the primary focus above, you will also be expected to contribute to Labs’ and Pivotal Software’s success in other ways:
- Consistently drive Pivot learning and development through on-the-job training methods. This will generally necessitate that the AD will maintain high intimacy with pivots assigned to his/her team(s).
- Maintain knowledge of Pivotal’s primary product offerings, and their value propositions
- Support other leadership in the office and Labs-wide in driving towards Labs’ financial goals and company values.
- Support Pivotal Software product strategy
- Set an appropriate example for other staff in the office to follow
- 5+ years consulting experience, working with large enterprise organizations
- 2+ years in a management/leadership role focused on one of our core practice areas (Product Design, Product Management or Software Development)
- Experience in supporting pre-sales and post sales activities and working closely with Sales teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- P&L and pipeline management experience
- Ability to travel up to 30% to customer locations
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.