We have 3 core values: Do the right thing. Do what works. Be kind.
We care deeply about recruiting and developing exceptional talent. Pivotal seeks to add new voices and perspectives to our vibrant community because we know that diversity of thought leads to the most innovative solutions and most successful companies. Learn more about what Pivotal is doing to cultivate our community - D&I @ Pivotal.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a high-energy Cloud Native Services Sales leader who will lead their team to identify and bring to closure Pivotal service opportunities, in support of customer’s digital initiatives. This involves you working in a collaborative way with Pivotal’s Balanced Account Team (BAT) approach, that includes the Area and Regional Sales Leadership and account executives and Services leadership in building a clear vision, direction and priorities for the customers in your Area/Regions. Your team, in collaboration with the BAT, is expected to generate net-new services based business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry and our unique services methodologies. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with market leading enterprise customers at the C and Director levels (VP line of business - LoB, CIO, Vp of Apps), and helping them achieve their digital transformational efforts, by leveraging Pivotal’s unique methodologies and open-sourced based tooling.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a group of diverse and talented individuals in positioning, qualify and selling Pivotal’s Services portfolio.
- Experience using a consultative sales approach, in leading a team of Services Sales executives in selling enterprise services and consulting.
- Ability to operate in a collaborative / matrix environment and partner effectively with key internal stakeholders across the delivery organization.
- Proven ability to sell to the LoB, CIO and / or VP of application development.
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Maintain operational command of the business (e.g. leveraging Salesforce.com for accurate forecasting).
- Effective Mentoring/Coaching skills.
- Strong verbal, white boarding and written communication and presentation skills.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.