Senior Software Engineer (Travelling) - Pivotal Labs
Location: Old Street, London + 50% Travel
Our Pivotal Labs team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our London team. We work in multi-disciplinary teams, immersively working with our clients enabling them to rapidly build high value products.
We empower the world’s largest organisations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We work as full-stack engineers building cloud native software, using technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Spring, Java, Kotlin, Android, iOS, React, and more.
What we do
- Pair programming
- we pair on all our production code
- Test first
- we TDD all our production code
- CI (Continuous Integration) everything
- we care so much about automation, we built concourse
- Enable our clients to build products like we do
- Experience all types of teams, products, and technologies
- Sustainable pace (dinner at home!)
- Work in balanced teams consisting of Product Managers, Product Designers and engineers
What we look for in a candidate
- An aptitude and willingness to learn
We’re looking for smart, creative people who want to continuously learn as they go. Software changes fast and what is relevant today will be legacy tomorrow.
Below is a list of skills we value. This is not a checklist. If you have some of these skills, and want to grow into others, then we want to hear from you.
- An ability to research problems and break them into deliverable parts
- An appetite to work with companies of all scales to coach them on innovation delivery
- Ability to work in a pair programming environment
- Working knowledge of Lean, User Centered Design and Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- A background in software engineering; or a degree in Computer Science or other related field
- A history of developing successful, large-scale, public web software
- Experience in web front-end development a plus
- Experience deploying to cloud environments a plus
- Experience in Android or iOS development is a plus
- Strong knowledge of one or more Object Oriented Programing or Functional Programming languages
We believe Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is integral to everything we do as a company and our investment in these efforts is a function of our core values as a company: Doing the Right Thing, Doing What Works and Being Kind. Learn more about our culture here.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.