Paid internship

Duration: 6+ months 

About Us VIDEO

We empower the world’s largest organisations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software. We build and work with cloud technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Redis and containers.

We're looking for a software developer intern to join our team.

What we look for in a candidate 

• You have a constant desire to learn and improve
  • You know a programming language such as C#, Javascript, Ruby, Python, Golang or Java
  • You have strong communication and collaboration skills
  • You are interested in working with open source software.
  • You are excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work

What you will learn here

• How we develop our product and services using the latest industry tools and practices
  • How to pair program with experienced, industry professionals
  • How to write test-driven production code from day one
  • How to communicate and collaborate with peers and users to ensure the best possible results

About us

• We pair program, all day, everyday 
  • We work in all types of industries, products, and technologies to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions.
  • We have events like Tech Talks, team socials, table tennis, yoga, and more.
  • We offer free breakfast every weekday and unlimited snacks.
  • We value a diverse and collaborative work environment.

We are deeply committed to hiring people with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. It leads to a better workplace and better products for our users. We strongly encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world builds software.

Here’s what some of our past interns have said - 

“All in all, I found that there is a very strong emphasis on allowing each person’s dignity to be preserved and a general atmosphere of respect and trust. This cleared my mind of ego-related thoughts and left it available to learn.” - Stephan

“I wasn't prepared for the open, forgiving and accepting culture of Pivotal. I wasn't prepared for every single person I met being more than happy to share knowledge with me and teach me the same things over and over again. I wasn't prepared to feel like part of the office and not an outsider so quickly and easily. I wasn't prepared to genuinely internalise team management practices and concepts. I wasn't prepared to have as much fun as I did. I wasn't prepared at all.” - Christian

To see more what it's like to work at Pivotal, check out our colleagues from our London office here:

Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.

Apply for this Job

* Required