Our Tokyo location brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to the home of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanese companies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help them build successful products and teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complement the energy and intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
What We’re Looking for:
Engagement Directors have varying skill sets, but all are familiar with being trusted advisors and have had exposure to software development lifecycles and technology program management. Perhaps you’ve worked for a large consulting firm and now crave a silicon valley state of mind - or to make a bigger impact as part of a team where your consulting delivery discipline and influencing skills shine. Success in this role will involve everything from immersion on customer-site to orchestrating growth and renewals with sales teams. You will build strong relationships and solve complex problems along with the autonomy to determine where you can best add value.
Success factors include:
- Adaptability to changing work environments, priorities and organizational needs.
- You'll work in a seriously collaborative environment where every day is different to the next. You will utilise your influencing skills to make progress and be an expert juggler.
- On any day, you may be facilitating workshops, resolving complex support issues or conducting C-Level business reviews. The ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders- e.g. across platform and agile practices will be key.
- You will own the overall engagement planning and strategy process within and across major enterprises. This involves synthesizing complex information and communicating with clarity, both verbally and in writing to many stakeholders.
- Be able to develop and drive execution of an overall account engagement strategy with milestones and success criteria clearly articulated
- Synthesize broad data inputs to provide objective assessment of account health, with a focus on driving a renewal strategy and plan to retain/grow customer’s commitment to Pivotal.
- Provide on-site advisory and coverage at customer site 2-4 days per week
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings (including developing agendas, facilitating discussion and tracking follow-up actions), between external customers & internal Pivotal teams
- Be a good negotiator, constructively resolve differences and ensure a win/win outcome is reached.
- Be committed to being open and continuously learning
- Collaborate on a wide variety of business and technical documents
Skills and experience required
- Native in Japanese and fluent in English
- Have worked independently delivering to enterprise customers
- Knowledge of application lifecycles and cloud architectures
- 10-years of program management, or equivalent consulting or business experience
- Bonus: Degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, or similar field of study preferred
- Bonus: experience with Agile software delivery
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.