Our Tokyo location brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to the home of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanese companies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help them build successful products and teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complement the energy and intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
You will also work closely with the Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams to:
- Provide feedback on – and contributions to – the Spring and Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- Fluent in business level Japanese & English
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- 8+ years of software development experience
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.