Product Marketing Manager - Spring
Marketing | San Francisco, CA, United States or Seattle, WA, United States, or New York City, New York, United States
Through the production of relevant, novel, and credible content, Product Marketing tells the Pivotal story to the world.
This position requires a solid technical understanding of distributed computing, open source software, development frameworks, and Java technologies. You would be responsible for crafting the public and internal narrative for Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud. Our story is complex and evolving, so telling it effectively requires someone who loves to learn and is always observing what is happening around them.
- Content and campaigns to educate developers, explain to the market, inform our partners, and publicize customer successes with Spring. This may involve writing blog posts, hosting webinars, maintaining web content on pivotal.io and spring.io, delivering conference presentations, infographics, and more. Spring is one of the most important OSS projects in the world, and it’s critical to help folks understand how to effectively use all the pieces.
- Content that helps our customers understand the various Spring projects. Assets include:: white papers, presentations, battlecards, blogs, videos, demos. We’ve got a terrific set of Spring projects, and are always working to make it easier to understand.
- Content that helps our sales teams explain the value proposition of our commercial Spring offerings, including: competitive analysis, ROI tools, and product training. We’ve got a really high performing sales organization and we’re always trying to make them better.
- Partner/customer briefings: We delivered over 100 briefings to Fortune 2000 customers in our SF offices last quarter alone! Everyone is on deck to talk to customers and you would be too.
- Feedback: This is a fast moving product and a fast moving market. Feedback to Spring R&D is really welcomed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with at least 2 years in enterprise software technical marketing, product marketing, product management, pre-sales, or first-hand experience as a customer of cloud computing enterprise software.
- Practical experience with Java technologies including Spring.
- You must really enjoy technology and working with open source projects.
- Master of written and oral communications