About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique. As an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, and hands-on consultant, you are an industry leader in your discipline(s): Engineering, Product Design or Product Management. You have strong opinions, loosely held, on modern product development practices including eXtreme Programming, Lean Product Management, and User Centered Design. You are inspired by the opportunity to help customers and partners modernize their in-house software development capabilities.
The mission of the Agile Practice Leadership Enablement (APLE) team is to drive success inside our customers and partners by accelerating their ability to grow and lead a modern product practice that adapts and iterates the best practices from their time at Pivotal Labs, so multiple teams can continuously and sustainably deliver products at startup speed with enterprise scale”. We function as part of a cross-disciplinary team including technical account leaders, cloud-native architects, industry thought leaders and digital transformation specialists.
In this role, you will help our customers and partners build and enable the leadership teams of internal product development organizations. As part of a hands-on enablement service, together with your fellow Practice and Delivery Leads, you will pair side-by-side with our clients and partners, teaching them the skills necessary to lead highly productive customer-driven software practices. You will coach and enable product delivery teams on modern development techniques such as lean product management, user centered design, pair programming, continuous integration/continuous deployment and test-driven development. You’ll work closely with the Pivotal account team to develop strong relationships with customer and partner stakeholders in order to promote the wins and successes of their value creating products and product development organizations. Ultimately, you will become an agent of change within customer and partner organizations. You’ll work with your team onsite or at a Pivotal location, and regular travel is an expectation of the role.
Required Skills / Experiences
- You have significant expertise delivering business value through your experience as a Cloud-Native Software Engineer, Product Designer or Product Manager.
- You have top-quality written and verbal communication skills, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- You are a thought leader with an interest in contributing to the growing body of content surrounding cloud-native development, lean, user-centered design, intrapreneurship and enterprise software.
- You’re comfortable providing organizational software recommendations and advice to senior level stakeholders within clients and partners.
- You have the patience and empathy of a world-class mentor, matched with the business acumen required to help stand-up new product organizations for our clients and partners.
- 8 - 10+ years experience in a software leadership role and / or software consulting.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.