At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve, and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy, and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast, and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of the Editorial team, you will spend each day immersed in the private markets, aiming to help our customers be better investors, advisors, and market participants. The work you will do plays a direct role in the evolution of the industry!
Everyone on our team is supported by a flexible work environment and a culture that promotes curiosity, collaboration, and professional development. We prioritize recognition and respect across all roles and have a high level of camaraderie. The fast-growing nature of our organization provides ample opportunity to advance in your career and explore what interests you.
As we continue investing in the talent of our group, our coverage has evolved rapidly over multiple industries and geographies. Our insights are routinely cited by top-tier publications and sought after by prominent players in the financial markets. In addition to publishing timely market insights, we also partner closely with our Product, Engineering, and Data Operations teams to continually enhance our datasets and develop unique tools that have a material impact on our customers’ workflows. There is no better time to join us!
The Reporter for Restructurings/Special Situations/Distressed Debt is responsible for covering, in real-time and in-depth, developing special situations/bankruptcies/distressed debt impacting the European leveraged finance space, with special emphasis on leveraged loans and high yield bonds. The Reporter will use their knowledge of the debt markets and ability to develop and maintain market sources to generate compelling content for our audience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Generate detailed news stories on a daily basis, illuminating the distressed/restructuring space in the European leveraged finance markets (i.e., loan debt issuers facing financial downturn/distress/potential bankruptcy or restructuring)
- Generate trend-based stories over the longer-term on the distressed/restructuring market space, illustrating the potential direction of the overall market
- Build and maintain a network of market sources covering all aspects of the leveraged debt restructuring market, including deal advisers, investors, lawyers, and traders
- Work collaboratively with the LCD Europe editorial team to provide market insight on the broader leveraged debt markets (new issues, trading levels and activity, etc.)
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience reporting on and/or analyzing the debt markets, as described above, or related experience
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to work with data-intensive content
- Ability to generate accurate and relevant news copy and content on a daily basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced and real-time news environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a highly productive team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits at PitchBook:
- Private medical insurance
- Dental scheme
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- Life cover
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid parental leave
- Education subsidies
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days, and volunteer days
- Employee resource groups
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 8% Pension contribution
- Income protection
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning, and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.