At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve, and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy, and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast, and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of our Sales team, your commitment to excellence and passion for helping people succeed are the foundations for your career growth at PitchBook! With our customers’ success comes our success, and we are dedicated to providing them with the highest level of service and expertise.
At the core of our business is our commitment to understanding our clients' needs, challenges and opportunities. As a member of our team, you'll be at the forefront of emerging trends and technologies by working closely with clients to position our products and services in a way that helps them achieve their goals. You will enjoy access to extensive training and development opportunities, including ongoing coaching and mentorship from experienced sales professionals. We are committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals, and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
Business Development Executives (BDEs) work diligently to close new business opportunities provided by Sales Development Representatives or by their own prospecting. A Business Development Executive will contribute to PitchBook’s sales goals by managing prospects through the sales cycle and acquiring new clients. Business Development Executives are knowledgeable about the product and complete demonstrations for potential clients to show the value of the PitchBook Platform. This role provides the opportunity to autonomously build and manage a sales pipeline and grow the PitchBook client portfolio.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Consistently meet and exceed sales goals
- Build a pipeline of high quality opportunities across different client types
- Work closely with PitchBook’s Sales Development Representatives to identify and understand potential new clients
- Independently prospect new business opportunities, including building your own referral networks with potential and current clients
- Complete product demonstrations with potential clients and show PitchBook Platform features that serve their business needs
- Act as a consultant to prospects by seeking to understand their needs and business priorities
- Guide potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions to qualify the lead and drive new opportunities
- Work closely with our client development and account management teams to ensure a successful client relationship
- Consistently and accurately follow sales processes and expectations
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, finance and related majors or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years of successful sales and business development experience, with a technology product preferred
- Experience managing opportunities and workflow using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Possess strong negotiation skills and proven ability to effectively close leads
- Interest in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital
- Enjoy networking and conversing with new people every day and comfortable engaging with a diverse array of clients
- Self-motivated, persistent and goal-oriented attitude and can work effectively as an individual or as part of a team
- Ability to operate with a strong sense of urgency and deliver results
- Highly curious with a positive attitude
- Strong prioritization skills to handle a large volume of leads efficiently
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to try new ideas in order to achieve greater levels of success
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $92,000
- Annual on target variable commission of fully ramped representative meeting expectations: $94,500
- PitchBook currently has no cap on commission and commission is determined by individual performance
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life at PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.