At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve, and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy, and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast, and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
The PitchBook Marketing Operations team is looking for a passionate and detail-oriented Marketing Automation Specialist to assist in the management of a sustainable martech architecture that supports our overall marketing goals. This role calls for an individual who will develop, build, and maintain programs and processes aimed at creating scalable operational excellence. The Marketing Automation Specialist must demonstrate experience in marketing automation (Marketo), CRM management (preferably Salesforce.com), and project management. This role will work closely with various teams across PitchBook to ensure the creation and execution of marketing campaigns with maximum success.
This person will support our internal tools/products that are responsible for prospect movement through our Sales and Marketing funnel focused on lead routing, field mapping, pipeline health, and system integrations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities and implement projects that will help improve campaign performance and scale the department efficiently
- Partner with other marketing teams to provide operational (campaign setup and execution) support
- Partner with cross-functional teams to automate processes and assess opportunities for improving data and system integrations
- Support the evaluation and implementation of new marketing tech
- Support our account based marketing efforts, bringing together the tools and data to assist account selection, contact identification, and performance evaluation
- Field custom requests and capabilities questions
- Investigate issues and technical problems with Marketo or other internal tools
- Proactively monitor marketing funnel and campaign metrics (conversion rates, campaign attribution, email performance), and produce actionable insights
- Create documentation and training for marketing operations processes and systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years working experience with a marketing automation tool (strong preference for Marketo)
- 2+ years working experience with a CRM (strong preference for Salesforce.com)
- Experience with troubleshooting system, process, and data issues
- Detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management, time management, and attention to detail
- Experience with lead routing tool a plus (e.g. LeanData, Openprise)
- Understanding of B2B funnels, sales pipelines, and how the mechanisms are implemented to control proper lead flow
- Ability to prioritize and manage various projects based on changing business needs
- Experience building emails, nurture campaigns, and marketing automation workflows
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, summarize issues, and think creatively
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D, and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days, and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $58,650-$80,000
- Target annual bonus percentage: 7.5%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.