At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of our Account Management & Customer Success team, you will thrive on your ability to embrace and drive change and your commitment to ensuring you and PitchBook are always growing and improving. While continually learning and exploring new ideas and concepts, you will be inspired to ask questions and challenge the status quo while remaining focused on our customers’ success. We value teamwork and collaboration and encourage our people to build strong, trusting relationships with their teammates, customers, and partners. A contagious positivity, insatiable curiosity, and people-first attitude are the winning traits of our most successful Account Management & Customer Success team members. If this sounds like you, join us!
Manager, Account Management, Middle Market manages a growing team of Account Managers. They are responsible for retention and growth of a large book of business managed by their team. Ultimately, the Manager of Account Management, Middle Market is responsible for building a high-performing account management team with an emphasis on ongoing professional development.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Account Managers from the middle market business to achieve account retention and growth goals, measured on a quarterly basis
- Identify and drive key objectives and results focused on bookings and retention for the team
- Serve as a point of escalation for critical client questions and coordinate with direct reports to resolve all client issues
- Collaborate with teams of Account Managers and Customer Success Managers to strategize on retention and client growth
- Leverage a suite of tools including Salesforce to monitor workflow, client engagement, renewal rate and upgrade forecasts
- Ensure team is adhering to standard operating procedures and fulfilling role expectations
- Regularly review Highspot to ensure you and your team are providing the most relevant product information
- Review talk metrics via Gong recordings to coach employees on client calls, review areas for improvement and assist in new hire training
- Pull weekly forecast reports in Salesforce to track team progress and update the senior leadership team
- Design and deliver ongoing team trainings on PitchBook’s offerings to ensure Account Managers are well-equipped to serve our clients
- Ensure all new team members are successfully onboarded and collaborate with Team Leads as needed
- Maintain a regular cadence of one-on-ones with each team member to recap performance, identify improvement opportunities and support career development
- Drive sales within current client accounts by identifying areas of opportunity enabling Account Managers to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Participate in Account Management Leadership meetings, sharing team updates like customer feedback, trends and negation tactics
- Conduct monthly meetings to update team on best practices, performance metrics and continuing expectations
- Continually evaluate the opportunity for process improvements and implement best practices
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in an Account Management or Sales role
- 2+ years of professional management or team lead experience
- Recruiting and team development experience
- Proficient with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Enjoys relationship building; comfortable to engage a diverse array of clients to learn their business needs and provide value
- Exemplary presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Appreciation for the private equity and venture capital marketplace and the ability to learn and demonstrate how clients can benefit from engaging with new product features and new data
- Curious, able and interested to learn about client needs
- Organized with terrific prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, persistent, goal-oriented attitude and can work effectively as part of a team
- Possessing strong negotiation skills, persistence and resiliency
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $140,000
- Annual on target variable commission of fully ramped representative meeting expectations: $70,000
- PitchBook currently has no cap on commission and commission is determined by individual performance
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.