At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company’s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing team is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies and attending client and trade-show events. The marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
The Senior Performance Marketing Manager is a Business to Business data-driven marketer focused on lead creation with media efficiency at top of mind. This role is responsible for executing compelling programs and campaigns that lead our users on a progression journey driving demand for Sales and Customer Success teams. You’ll support strategy for existing channels but also look for new channel opportunities and plan for media testing to optimize lead quality. This role will work in partnership with Segment Managers, Sales and Operations to build media campaigns that target our customer segments effectively with the right messages. In partnership with Marketing leaders, the Senior Performance Marketing Manager will oversee media planning, asset development, implementation, measurement and reporting for Performance Marketing efforts.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, launch and test omnichannel customer acquisition, activation, engagement and retention campaigns through new media channels such as programmatic and content syndication while supporting Pay-Per-Click and Social Media efforts
- Track and report key metrics; identify data-driven optimization opportunities and generate insights that will lead to key business decisions
- Evaluate the performance marketing and growth operations of customers in the acquisition pipeline and identify new opportunities to generate leads
- Allocate budgets and analyze and recommend modifications to ad spend
- Collaborate with marketing teams to guide A/B creative tests, incrementality tests and spend scaling tests on campaigns to identify what works best
- Test new channels and trends (such as Programmatic, CTV, Digital OOH, content syndication, direct response online, etc.)
- Develop and guide go-to-market digital strategy across marketing for new product and campaign efforts
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Business to Business marketing experience, paid media, demand generation or campaigns
- Experience with multiple demand channels including digital, Search Engine Marketing and paid social and email to drive pipeline
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data and multiple attribution models to find opportunities and actionable insights and clearly communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Work well cross functionally, building strong relationships to effectively partner across marketing teams and with leaders from Customer Success, Product and operations organizations to obtain shared success
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies
- A highly organized “doer,” with a data-driven mentality and a bias toward action
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Desire and ability to be a team player who appreciates a unique, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Resourceful self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and adaptive to change
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $93,150-$157,550
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.