At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company’s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to increase brand awareness and help our Sales and Customer Success teams grow and retain our client base. The Marketing team is responsible for all demand generation efforts including successful campaign, Account Based Marketing and digital channel executions, effective product and customer marketing efforts, strategy-optimizing data and analytics and engaging client and trade-show events. The Marketing team also drives the brand forward via impactful public relations and management of our dynamic sports partnerships.
As a Senior Copywriter on PitchBook’s Brand and Creative team, you’ll have the opportunity to tell PitchBook’s brand story through the creation of a variety of written assets. Working closely with other members of our in-house Brand and Creative team and stakeholders across the larger Marketing organization, you’ll help bring the vision of PitchBook’s data, research and insights to life via web, email, social media, print, video and more. As a senior member of the copywriting team, you’ll take an active role in mentoring and facilitating the growth of our junior to mid-level writers. If you have a track record of developing compelling, audience-focused copy that creates, builds and drives demand for a product or offering, we’d love to chat with you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Establish and foster cross-functional relationships including with Events and Partnerships, Content and Communications, Search Engine Optimization and Web, Performance Marketing, Frontline Marketing and Segments and Campaigns, as well as take a leadership role in forming content ideas as part of such teams
- Act as a key copywriting stakeholder alongside teams throughout the creative process, developing concepts and copy drafts, providing copy reviews and finalizing deliverables
- Interpret creative briefs and present ideas/strategies on executions
- Write compelling Business to Business marketing copy that provides valuable insights into the global capital markets
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior and mid-level copywriters to continuously raise our bar for quality
- Work in an agile production environment, collaborating directly with cross-functional teams on content strategy to build campaigns, conduct keyword research, A/B test and optimize content performance
- Develop and hone writing best practices for all branded content across web, email, social media and events; ensuring messaging matches brand voice and tone and works cohesively with other assets across channels
- Create long-form thought leadership content in support of content marketing and lead generation programs, including guides and e-books
- Monitor and identify industry trends and develop new content ideas based on those developments
- Participate in creative ideations and meetings to build content calendars, campaigns and key messaging
- Deliver high-quality content drafts in a deadline-oriented environment
- Support the vision and values of PitchBook through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Work and communicate effectively across the organization
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience writing Business to Business marketing copy with measurable experience writing about the the financial industry, investing and/or the global capital markets
- Impeccable attention to detail and a passion for brand storytelling
- Strong copywriting skills, including an understanding of strategy, form, format and channel best practices
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply brand voice, tone and style guidelines to ensure content accuracy and consistency across multiple channels
- Command of grammar and punctuation for professional communications, as well as a working knowledge of AP style
- A history of mentoring and managing junior to mid-level copywriters, inspiring them to do their best work and uplevel the quality of their writing
- Demonstrated experience of working effectively with multi-disciplinary creative teammates and the desire to be a team player who appreciates a unique, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Experience delivering a range of creative outputs, notably for campaigns and digital channels, as part of a high-performing and data-driven team
- The capacity to juggle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Possess exceptional communication skills to articulate creative point of view, including intent and thought process behind specific copy choices and recommendations
- Ability to actively engage in the creative feedback process and efficiently turn feedback into higher-quality drafts
- Experience and comfort level with balancing multiple and distinct creative projects at once and navigating shifting priorities, timelines, directives and project scopes
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with other creatives and cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of private equity, venture capital, M&A and the broader global capital market ecosystem, as well as the passion to learn more
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $85,000-$100,000
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.